History Community ~ All Empires Homepage


This is the Archive on WORLD Historia, the old original forum.

 You cannot post here - you can only read.

 

Here is the link to the new forum:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEuropeans and Americans

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: How do Europeans(and the world) feel about Americans
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [60.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [40.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron


Joined: 12-Oct-2008
Status: Offline
Points: 407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europeans and Americans
    Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 09:51
Originally posted by Paul Paul wrote:

How come every forum on the internet has the question, what do Europeans think about Americans posted one time or another, but no European ever asks the reverse.

Is it because Americans are especially insecure about themselves and feel they need validation by others or that Europeans are too arrogant and snobbish to even consider the rest of the world, or a bit of both?

 
 
They've been treated as " country cousins " by the Europeans LOL.
 
One Irish descent told me that some English regard Americans as " colonists " !
 
I've also heard there have been individual Americans fudged nationality to Canadian to avoid unpleasant attitudes ( anti-American sentiments ) from French locals while living in France.
 
 
Back to Top
Rodriguez View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 02-Apr-2005
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 19:33

nothing its just a new offical clan im in

 

Back to Top
Mixcoatl View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 02-Aug-2004
Location: Netherlands
Status: Offline
Points: 4581
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixcoatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 15:32
and what does this have to do with the topic?
"Some argue that atheism partly stems from a failure to fairly and judiciously consider the facts"
"Atheists deny the existence of Satan, while simultaneously doing his work."

- Conservapedia
Back to Top
Rodriguez View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 02-Apr-2005
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 15:15

We are now an offical clan!!! Age Of Empire Holland realist a new update talking about us the Euro clan.

 

http://aoe.olympusstudios.net/

Back to Top
Rodriguez View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 02-Apr-2005
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2005 at 21:46
tHE WEBSITE IS NOT A LITTLE MEST UP BUT WILL BE FIXED TOMORROW
Back to Top
Rodriguez View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 02-Apr-2005
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2005 at 17:07
Well there is a clan that is now being made for Age Of Empire 3 and it is called the Euro clan.The website is

http://www.euroclan.primeterritory.com/page/page/1929976.h

Back to Top
hugoestr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 13-Aug-2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 23:14
Originally posted by The Golden Phallanx The Golden Phallanx wrote:

Originally posted by hugoestr hugoestr wrote:

I am very fond of the freedom of speech that the U.S. has. Practically no other country enjoys this freedom to such an extent. The ACLU has been key in protecting it for most of the 20th century.


Yeah, just like that American professor who condemmed American foreign policy for being the cause of the anti-american terrorism. The guy was fired and the governement stopped the article from obtainning proper publicity.


Just like the Anericans who check if any mad cow can be found in their stock. A retired American worker stated clearly on Canadian television there were many cases that could have been mad cow but they were told not to look, verify, or mention any of them while givin the distinct impression that if they opened their mouthes about it, they'd be fired. The only reason this guy spoke up was because he was already retired. (He stated this reason)


Just like the people who speak badly of Bush and have policemen show up on their doorsteps at dinner?


Freedom of speech eh???


You mean you Americans actually believe all the propaganda?


And no other country having true freedom rights? Rofl, ever heard of europe? Of Canada?



The United States does enjoy an almost unlimited amount of freedom of speech. Lately the religious fascists are chipping at it using indencency as their weapon. This is something to worry about. But besides that, anyone can say anything they want.

You have to give me more background to talk about the case of that professor. I remember the issue in a different way, but lately am suffering from allergies, and it messes up my memory.

The case with the meat inspectors is not a case of speech censorship from the government, but of corruption of the agency in charged of meat safety.

Most European countries have state censorship through hate speech codes. Germany comes to mind. Britain 's speech suffers from strong liabel laws. Liabel laws are extremely weak in the U.S., allowing most people to say anything they want about public figures as long as it is true or the person is so famous that they can use a public forum to defend themselves.

Canada has government regulated censorship in the form of hate speech codes. That is why you guys have not listened to a satirist like Howard Stern in about 10 years.

The Christian Taliban has successfuly taken away our right to enjoy smut as political payback for their backing of Bush Since they conquered on radio, they want to control content on cable and satellite radio. That is where the ACLU comes into place. By challenging these idiotic rules all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, the court can rule them unconstitutional and strike them down. Hence my love for the ACLU.
To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.


Back to Top
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar
Retired AE Moderator

Joined: 03-Aug-2004
Status: Offline
Points: 5952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 22:55
Quote I'd just like to point out that HE WAS A TERRORIST!!!!  He incited terror and he actually said what the terrorists were doing was alright.


Umm, that doesn't make one a terroist.

And AFAIK, he still has his job (at least according to a thread i read on another forum yesterday), if he loses it, it will be over plagerism and lying about his background, technicly, though his employers being sick of all the bad publicity will be the real motive.


Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Back to Top
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 15-Dec-2004
Location: Japan
Status: Offline
Points: 423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 21:39
You mean the Neo-Nutzi

In Honor
Back to Top
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 15-Aug-2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2733
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 21:28
Well theres a Neo-Nazi leader right now who talks about destroying the gov't and has followers who have arrsenals of weapons and he hasn't been arrested yet, some of his followers have though. So that guy must have said something that really hit a nerve, the gov't probably knows more and isn't saying anything about that guy(professor).

Edited by SearchAndDestroy
Back to Top
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai
Avatar

Joined: 05-Mar-2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1117
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 21:09
If you, golden Phalaxe, are talking about Churchill, I'd just like to point out that HE WAS A TERRORIST!!!!  He incited terror and he actually said what the terrorists were doing was alright.  Any country with a sane leader would do so.  It was not because the gov't  did not like what he was saying but that it was untrue and was an act of treason!
Back to Top
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 15-Aug-2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2733
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 20:57

Can you get me a article about that professor?

I can see why about that mad cow, it was wrong to do, but it would really hurt the economy right now if anything got out like that. Strange part is the news was talking about mad cow in America a few months ago and the cows being killed, so how recent is that, becaus ethe other case is pretty recent.

And about people critizing Bush, I haven't seen CNN go off the air yet and they are always talking down on him. How hes making bad decisions on the economy, about rushing the war without any plan, when the war first started they were talking about the possibility of him just trying to finish his fathers job because they said on CNN that there were atleast 25 other nations that could be considered a bigger threat then Iraq, and to things as weird of him not turning on the gyro in the Segways because it might take away the need for oil in the future and Cheny as we know is in that business or was. So I still see CNN and usually propaganda supports the gov't, the only real news station that is really pro bush is fox news.

Back to Top
The Golden Phallanx View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 11-Mar-2005
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 85
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Golden Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 17:55

Originally posted by hugoestr hugoestr wrote:



I am very fond of the freedom of speech that the U.S. has. Practically no other country enjoys this freedom to such an extent. The ACLU has been key in protecting it for most of the 20th century.

Yeah, just like that American professor who condemmed American foreign policy for being the cause of the anti-american terrorism. The guy was fired and the governement stopped the article from obtainning proper publicity.

Just like the Anericans who check if any mad cow can be found in their stock. A retired American worker stated clearly on Canadian television there were many cases that could have been mad cow but they were told not to look, verify, or mention any of them while givin the distinct impression that if they opened their mouthes about it, they'd be fired. The only reason this guy spoke up was because he was already retired. (He stated this reason)

Just like the people who speak badly of Bush and have policemen show up on their doorsteps at dinner?

Freedom of speech eh???  

You mean you Americans actually believe all the propaganda?

And no other country having true freedom rights? Rofl, ever heard of europe? Of Canada?

We are all a result of what we have lived. Culture, attitude, perspective. For everything we do, there is a reason. There is no true evil, only the absence of proper communication.
Back to Top
hugoestr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 13-Aug-2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 23:18
Eaglecap,

The fact that the ACLU protects such abhorrent people is what makes them so patriotic. The U.S. Consitution grants everyone the right to express their opinions in the U.S., even Boy-loving men and the Nazi party. The ACLU makes sure that the government grant these rights. There is nothing more American than defending the Constitution.

Notice that the ACLU defends these groups' right to express their opinions; the ACLU does not endorse their beliefs or practices.

I am very fond of the freedom of speech that the U.S. has. Practically no other country enjoys this freedom to such an extent. The ACLU has been key in protecting it for most of the 20th century.
To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.


Back to Top
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 15-Aug-2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2733
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 16:18

ACLU also defended the Nazi party of America, which they want to take over America and take alot of freedoms away. The party wasn't aloud a rally it was trying to get a permit for in a town, so they took up the case and got a lawyer from the ACLU. Funny part is the lawyer was jewish, but he said its not about personal problems, its only about the people being able to exercise there rights even if it is unpratriotic.

The Christian conservatives that want to change the US into a more religeous nation are from the south east along the bible belt. Those are the people you have to worry about, may not be many, but they are preaching to there kids and the kids will probably take those teachings and so on, so the numbers only increase for those who would like to change America, and those are the people I worry about.

Back to Top
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar

Joined: 15-Feb-2005
Location: DesertSouthwest
Status: Offline
Points: 3264
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 15:58
Originally posted by hugoestr hugoestr wrote:

Originally posted by Thegeneral Thegeneral wrote:

Of course there are people against it, that is what makes America great; that we can have that opinion! We may have some insane groups like the ACLU but America is probally one of the best places to live. Freedom, persuit of happiness, equality, and a gov't set on morals. What else could be better? From my opinion, nothing!



It is thanks to groups like the ACLU that we have strong civil liberties in the U.S.. U.S. conservative love to demonize The American Civil LibertiesUnion (ACLU), because of their constructivist view on the 1st. Amendment about seperation of Church and State. The fascist-theocratic conservates, set on imposing Christianity as the official religion, hate them for it.

The ACLU is a non-partisan organization, who defends everyone, liberal or conservative, when their civil rights are being threatened. The ACLU helps keep the U.S. as free as The General described it.

All countries law's are based on morals. I suspect that the General is suppressing the premise that the U.S. is based on "Christian" moral. If so, I disagree strongly. Secularism has been a reason for the U.S. social and political success. Of course, if General meant humanistic morals, there is no disagreement.

There is a thread in intellectual discussion on how more religion plays a role on the U.S. Constitution. I invite the General to discuss what he means by "morals" in that thread.

Learn about one of the most patriotic groups fighting for liberty and civil rights in the U.S. ACLU


ACLU has done some good in the past for civil liberties but they have also gone to extreme like defending perverted groups like North American Man-Boy Association and their sister group who preys on little girls. Their war against the Boy Scout is wrong. They are a private organization and they have that right. If I had time I could list a lot of actions that the ACLU has taken that is extreme and unpatriotic. But, if I did the research I know I would also find a list of positive things about them. I don't think the majority of Christians have any intention of imposing a theocratic government and the majority of devote Christians I know would oppose it. I am not a Christian and I understand your fear. The liberals can also go to an extreme, look at PC today. I got in trouble at work for making a simple opinion because it was not PC, loss of free speech and thought.
Back to Top
Rodriguez View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 02-Apr-2005
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 14:43

You may think what im saying because im only 16 but all i have to say is that everyone thinks differntly.Due to that it will be a long time till there is no more wars and maybe just maybe everyone will be able to free Americcans due and not like China or North Korea.

           Well thats what I think.Also Americans never had support are troops bumper sticker untill the war against Iraq.

Back to Top
hugoestr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 13-Aug-2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 11:40
Originally posted by Thegeneral Thegeneral wrote:

Of course there are people against it, that is what makes America great; that we can have that opinion! We may have some insane groups like the ACLU but America is probally one of the best places to live. Freedom, persuit of happiness, equality, and a gov't set on morals. What else could be better? From my opinion, nothing!



It is thanks to groups like the ACLU that we have strong civil liberties in the U.S.. U.S. conservative love to demonize The American Civil LibertiesUnion (ACLU), because of their constructivist view on the 1st. Amendment about seperation of Church and State. The fascist-theocratic conservates, set on imposing Christianity as the official religion, hate them for it.

The ACLU is a non-partisan organization, who defends everyone, liberal or conservative, when their civil rights are being threatened. The ACLU helps keep the U.S. as free as The General described it.

All countries law's are based on morals. I suspect that the General is suppressing the premise that the U.S. is based on "Christian" moral. If so, I disagree strongly. Secularism has been a reason for the U.S. social and political success. Of course, if General meant humanistic morals, there is no disagreement.

There is a thread in intellectual discussion on how more religion plays a role on the U.S. Constitution. I invite the General to discuss what he means by "morals" in that thread.

Learn about one of the most patriotic groups fighting for liberty and civil rights in the U.S. ACLU
To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.


Back to Top
hugoestr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 13-Aug-2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 11:38
Double posting. See below.

Edited by hugoestr
To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.


Back to Top
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar
Retired AE Moderator

Joined: 03-Aug-2004
Status: Offline
Points: 5952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2005 at 11:17
I'd wager that the jobs moving overseas is only half the story, the other half is cheap labour moving into various countries. There are plenty of simple jobs, they just pay so low as to barely feed a single male migrant worker, let alone a family.

As for education, college educations are expensive, and grants can't cover all of it. if you come from a poorer educational background, or started off in a crappy inner city school, they your opportunities are screwed from the begining.
Sure, the opportunities are there, but they are not equaly available, not here in the UK at least.
Arrrgh!!"
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.