History Community ~ All Empires Homepage

This is the Archive on WORLD Historia, the old original forum.

You cannot post here - you can only read.

Here is the link to the new forum:

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGhengis Khans death

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Irish Nation View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Nation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghengis Khans death
    Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 15:42
Is there any truth to the Myth that everyone woh attended Ghengis Khans Funeral was killed so no one would no Ghengis was dead? I heard it but they all say Legend says.
Early this morning I signed my death warrant.
Michael Collins, to friend John O'Kane after signing Anglo-Irish Treaty in 1921
Feramez View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2006 at 20:38
I heard it too but I believe it as well.  They killed everyone there except for his family and his most trusted soldiers.
For Turks, the homeland isn't Turkey, nor yet Turkistan. Their country is a vast, eternal land: Turan!
-Ziya Gokalp-
TÜRK DÜNYASI Forum, join today.
Irish Nation View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish Nation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 06:13
But why? People would already know Ghengis was dead when they would not see him around any more. It does not make sense
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 13:43
Originally posted by Irish Nation Irish Nation wrote:

Is there any truth to the Myth that everyone woh attended Ghengis Khans Funeral was killed so no one would no Ghengis was dead? I heard it but they all say Legend says.

I heard (saw at the BBC documentary) that all the people were killed to keep the burial place secret, and over his grave 1000 horses were running so it would be not noticable
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice koç yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen ölür kalan sağlar bizimdir!
Giannis View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 14:05
There's a small mistery, if 100 people were killed in Ghengis Khan tomb, that means that they were killed from a group of people that numbered at least 100. What about these witnesses?
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 23:46
I think those people who killed that group were then also killed.

But it's likely that it's just a legend.
Savdogar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 12:09
400 people attanded, and where killed by other 800.
800 were killed by other 2000.

Even after his death, HE killed too many people.

Qonhur, Qonhur, Qonhur, Qonhur, Qonhur, Qonhur,Qonhur
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 14:28
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus Imperator Invictus wrote:

I think those people who killed that group were then also killed.

But it's likely that it's just a legend.

Yes, I think it is just legend because eventually, it would lead to the defeat of the entire Mongolian army if that process kept continuing.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 09:42
No, It could be done this way:

A group of people were arranged to do the burial in a place that only the sons of the Khan knew.

When they returned back, they were killed, and the secret remained only among the Sons.

Either make a history or become a history.
Nick View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2006 at 11:43
Originally posted by barbar barbar wrote:

No, It could be done this way:

A group of people were arranged to do the burial in a place that only the sons of the Khan knew.

When they returned back, they were killed, and the secret remained only among the Sons.

Make sense.
Aryan code: You keep what you kill.
Toluy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toluy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2006 at 00:55
Originally posted by Irish Nation Irish Nation wrote:

But why? People would already know Ghengis was dead when they would not see him around any more. It does not make sense

The real what he want to conceal is not his death but his mausoleum through this way that kill all who know the place of his mausoleum except his sons.

If he want to conceal his death in order to befuddle his enemy, the best way is to impose a ban that all soilders are forbidden to leak this secret to enemy.
Actually, there is few people who know his death immediately until the victory of removing XiXia

Edited by Toluy - 22-Aug-2006 at 12:20
Penelope View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Alia Atreides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2006 at 01:18
His tomb would have obviously been very lavish, containing many treasures. To make matters worst, the official religion of the Empire became the worship of him, under his successors. Also, keep in mind that his enemies may have wanted to loot his Tomb and destroy it.
IrishNation1 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishNation1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 15:07
I would say there was truth to that. As They would not hav wanted anyone to know of his death. I heard the atory Myself many times
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 11:39
whats with the Mongals and wanting to kill people.  Ouch
subedai View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subedai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2006 at 16:35
Off the top of my head I would say that Gehghis Khan is the only great leader in history whose final resting place is a complete mystery. Let it remain so...so that the legend can live on.
Mordoth View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 09:18
What if Chinggis is dead ? LoooL
IT is predicted that Chingis has 2 million + offsprings throughout the world !

Edited by Seko - 09-Oct-2006 at 09:45
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Toluy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toluy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 13:04
Originally posted by Mordoth Mordoth wrote:

What if Chinggis is dead ? LoooL
IT is predicted that Chingis has 2 million + offsprings throughout the world !

I think he and his soldiers.
Snafu View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 18:43
I believe there are Mongols who know exactly where he is , but will never tell.
mars View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 17:14
that was certainly not true, after Ghengis Khans's death, according to the tradition of the Mongol Khan, his burry ground would be remain secret, so only those most trusted noble men and soldiers were allowed to accompany his body to the pre-selected burried ground, on there way, they killed anyone who happened to run into them, after burried Ghengis Khans under the ground, his men rode their horse all over the place, so that no burry trace would be lefter, and when the grass growed, even those participated funeral could not locat the exactly location of the tomb.
Erdene View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erdene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 15:19
I have read these articles were a japanese expedition claimed to have found it. But even if its found....I don't think no Mongolian will ever dig it up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic