History Community ~ All Empires Homepage


This is the Archive on WORLD Historia, the old original forum.

 You cannot post here - you can only read.

 

Here is the link to the new forum:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login


Forum LockedKoreans and Aryans

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Avatar
Retired AE Moderator

Joined: 03-Aug-2004
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5952
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Koreans and Aryans
    Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 14:24
Well they can't get enough vindaloo after a few beers, does that count?
Arrrgh!!"
Back to Top
jamesse View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 17-Mar-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 18:10

Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


Not true.
Koreans are Koreans.


This is true. However, I do think that Koreans are mixtures of different people but still restricted to East Asian. Just look at their faces, we can conclude that they are a mixture of, from the North, Mongolians, Manchus, Tungus, just say the Altaics. And from the South, to a certain degree, Southeast Asia and Southern China.

But I cannot tolerate the idiotic nonsense saying that Koreans are related to Indo Europeans. I would rather believe that the Japanese Emperor is a real god.

Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


We are all descendants of Great Tangun who was the grandson of god.

According to the legend, yes. But I doubt that ALL of us are his descendants.

Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


That is the reason why Korean race is called Holy Race.

I really wish that was so.      Come on, I thought Korean historians weren't as depraved as the Japanese.
 
Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


But it is possible that the ancient Koreans migrated to Europe became Aryan.
In fact, ancestors of english people were Koreans.

What the....? Ridiculous.

http://myhome.shinbiro.com/~kbyon/culture/sanggo.htm

I actually checked the link above. It is true that they have some interesting facts but they are way too nationalistic and wishful thinking.

This kind of obvious nationalistic hoax just makes Korea's image hit the bottom.

However, once in a while one or two foreign people appear in Korean history. For example some Arabian traders who decided to just live in Silla or Goryeo. But we don't even know if they married and continued their blood.
Some Mongols, Malgal or Mohe, Georan or Kitan, through invasion and assimilation. Well but then they might genetically have not much difference from the Koreans. There also is the wife of King Kim Suro, the founding king of Gaya, who is from the Indian kingdom of Ayuta. Again, I doubt the proabability but people could not have just put her in the history for no reason.

"In fact, ancestors of english people were Koreans."     Please, don't make Korea anymore ridiculous. It'll make us no different from the Japanese.



Edited by jamesse
Back to Top
King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl
Avatar

Joined: 23-Apr-2005
Location: Thailand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 12:15

Originally posted by Scytho-Sarmatian

If Koreans really do think that they are the ancestors of English people, that would PROVE they have an inferiority complex.

 

 

 

Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
Back to Top
moreshige View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 04-May-2005
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 02:15
Originally posted by jamesse

Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


Not true.
Koreans are Koreans.


This is true. However, I do think that Koreans are mixtures of different people but still restricted to East Asian. Just look at their faces, we can conclude that they are a mixture of, from the North, Mongolians, Manchus, Tungus, just say the Altaics. And from the South, to a certain degree, Southeast Asia and Southern China.

But I cannot tolerate the idiotic nonsense saying that Koreans are related to Indo Europeans. I would rather believe that the Japanese Emperor is a real god.

Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


We are all descendants of Great Tangun who was the grandson of god.

According to the legend, yes. But I doubt that ALL of us are his descendants.

Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


That is the reason why Korean race is called Holy Race.

I really wish that was so.      Come on, I thought Korean historians weren't as depraved as the Japanese.
 
Originally posted by KoreanEmpire


But it is possible that the ancient Koreans migrated to Europe became Aryan.
In fact, ancestors of english people were Koreans.

What the....? Ridiculous.

http://myhome.shinbiro.com/~kbyon/culture/sanggo.htm

I actually checked the link above. It is true that they have some interesting facts but they are way too nationalistic and wishful thinking.

This kind of obvious nationalistic hoax just makes Korea's image hit the bottom.

However, once in a while one or two foreign people appear in Korean history. For example some Arabian traders who decided to just live in Silla or Goryeo. But we don't even know if they married and continued their blood.
Some Mongols, Malgal or Mohe, Georan or Kitan, through invasion and assimilation. Well but then they might genetically have not much difference from the Koreans. There also is the wife of King Kim Suro, the founding king of Gaya, who is from the Indian kingdom of Ayuta. Again, I doubt the proabability but people could not have just put her in the history for no reason.

"In fact, ancestors of english people were Koreans."     Please, don't make Korea anymore ridiculous. It'll make us no different from the Japanese.



sorry, jamesse, this koreanempire dude is full of it, just like the Chinese and Japanese extreme nationalists.  They distort history and nothing else because they all have a POLITICAL agenda for what they claim.

He doesn't represent Koreans any more than the right-winger Japanese nationalists represent Japan.
Back to Top
Elanjie View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Avatar

Joined: 06-Feb-2005
Location: China
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 132
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 23:11
Originally posted by moreshige

sorry, jamesse, this koreanempire dude is full of it, just like the Chinese and Japanese extreme nationalists.  They distort history and nothing else because they all have a POLITICAL agenda for what they claim.

He doesn't represent Koreans any more than the right-winger Japanese nationalists represent Japan.

    Yes, chinese and korean and japanese had clear Political agenda here. It's quite normal, for  asia, history is history of politics, politics made up the history, before you realize it, you 'd better just keep watching not debating.

   I forgive your nonsense of history and also forgive your prejudece of chinese.

Back to Top
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar
Retired AE Moderator

Joined: 03-Aug-2004
Location: Antarctica
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4321
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:31

I think the new Korean reich should have a kimstaka instead of a swatika and its made with a cabbage leaf.  I honestly dont know who in their right mind would A, take founding myths as fact and B, think the British and the Koreans are the same thing, but hell, hey are both good at sinking invaders on the sea at least.

Korean tea is however much better than British tea, it often has this slight popcorn flavor I cant place.  Hence I call it popcorn tea. 

I find it intresting whenver someone claims their country is of the master race, they usually come from a frequently conquered nation.  If theres anyone left on this thread willing to argue Koreans are some kind of master race I would like to hear the explanation for why a master race gets conquered so often by its less masterfull neighbors.  I remeber using this tactic on an Iranian guy and him having no effective response...

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Back to Top
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai
Avatar
Retired Global Moderator

Joined: 08-Aug-2004
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2213
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 20:58
Originally posted by Tobodai

I find it intresting whenver someone claims their country is of the master race, they usually come from a frequently conquered nation.  If theres anyone left on this thread willing to argue Koreans are some kind of master race I would like to hear the explanation for why a master race gets conquered so often by its less masterfull neighbors.  I remeber using this tactic on an Iranian guy and him having no effective response...



It's because we're nice.
Back to Top
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Joined: 11-Aug-2004
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 959
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 02:16
Originally posted by Tobodai

I think the new Korean reich should have a kimstaka instead of a swatika and its made with a cabbage leaf.  I honestly dont know who in their right mind would A, take founding myths as fact and B, think the British and the Koreans are the same thing, but hell, hey are both good at sinking invaders on the sea at least.

Korean tea is however much better than British tea, it often has this slight popcorn flavor I cant place.  Hence I call it popcorn tea. 

I find it intresting whenver someone claims their country is of the master race, they usually come from a frequently conquered nation.  If theres anyone left on this thread willing to argue Koreans are some kind of master race I would like to hear the explanation for why a master race gets conquered so often by its less masterfull neighbors.  I remeber using this tactic on an Iranian guy and him having no effective response...

Actually there is a good argument that your Iranian friend could've made.  Military success isn't the sole determinant for the greatness of a people.  Isreal had been bullied around for the past few millenia, but they see a sudden surge of success in recent history.  We cannot deny their influence in big academic fields: Eintein in physics, Freud in psychology, and Marx in sociology.  The ideas of these three guys have tremendous influences in not only the intellectual history, but in many other areas of the life of the 20th century.  Hence military success alone doesn't make a people great.

Bottomline, though, is that no one is truly superior (this is so cliche.)  I wouldn't say the Jews are a "master people" because of their recent success either.  Nor would I call any super military power a "master people."

Back to Top
kidrocku View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard


Joined: 01-May-2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 03:59

jews have always been known to be acedemically smart. But they're success is due mostly to the way they have been brought up and their KEEN interest in studying, etc. His iranian friend ISNT a jew so therefore he couldnt answer his question, and today iranians dont offer much to anyone. England for instance arent no master race when they were the largest empire in the world. They were being taken over for heaps of milenia from ancient celts, to the roman empire and norman invaders. What was produced here was a influence from all these cultures put into one. The master race was not formed, but what the people did was influenced from many cultures which made them good in say about the 18th century. They started the industrial revolution from just like i suppose. The reasoning for their naval superiority was from their viking influence, that had strong fleets/boats. No one is better than anyone else. Everybody individually can do the same things, but as a whole they need to work together in order to dominate over other nations.

For koreas case being overtaken by many neighbours is a good thing and makes them who they are today. The city of seoul is one of the most developed and industrial in the world.. Japans help? was it? would korea still be in the dust like some parts south-east asia?

Back to Top
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar
Retired AE Moderator

Joined: 03-Aug-2004
Location: Antarctica
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4321
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2005 at 21:31
Originally posted by MengTzu

Originally posted by Tobodai

I think the new Korean reich should have a kimstaka instead of a swatika and its made with a cabbage leaf.  I honestly dont know who in their right mind would A, take founding myths as fact and B, think the British and the Koreans are the same thing, but hell, hey are both good at sinking invaders on the sea at least.

Korean tea is however much better than British tea, it often has this slight popcorn flavor I cant place.  Hence I call it popcorn tea. 

I find it intresting whenver someone claims their country is of the master race, they usually come from a frequently conquered nation.  If theres anyone left on this thread willing to argue Koreans are some kind of master race I would like to hear the explanation for why a master race gets conquered so often by its less masterfull neighbors.  I remeber using this tactic on an Iranian guy and him having no effective response...

Actually there is a good argument that your Iranian friend could've made.  Military success isn't the sole determinant for the greatness of a people.  Isreal had been bullied around for the past few millenia, but they see a sudden surge of success in recent history.  We cannot deny their influence in big academic fields: Eintein in physics, Freud in psychology, and Marx in sociology.  The ideas of these three guys have tremendous influences in not only the intellectual history, but in many other areas of the life of the 20th century.  Hence military success alone doesn't make a people great.

Bottomline, though, is that no one is truly superior (this is so cliche.)  I wouldn't say the Jews are a "master people" because of their recent success either.  Nor would I call any super military power a "master people."

 

this wasnt my point (man what is it with Chinese people misinterpreting everything I say!) my point was for arguments sake, Most people that argue the master race point of view tend to be militaristic and into war.  Which is why its funny that they often come from non-militaritistically inclined nations.  Its very rare you will find someone who argues there is a master race that also values non-militaristic values.

I of course think there is no such thing as inheirent dominance in any field, just geographic circumstance.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Back to Top
kidrocku View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard


Joined: 01-May-2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 0
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2005 at 08:12
when u take over a nation militaristically, u also have very strong influence on their lifestyle, like their language and their religion..hmm..south america being very latin anc catholic?.. and  the fact that A LOT of the worlds people speak english now? >.<
Back to Top
Hando View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar
suspended

Joined: 03-May-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 18:10
I'm Korean. I'd say we are more like the Irish than the English. Good at fighting invaders with reckless and sacrificial courage, but not good at invading others. Good at drinking and brooding and...fighting. But not good at living harmoniously with each other.LOL
Back to Top
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Avatar

Joined: 23-Apr-2006
Location: Scotland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 323
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 20:34
Originally posted by Scytho-Sarmatian

If Koreans really do think that they are the ancestors of English people, that would PROVE they have an inferiority complex.
 
    lmaoTongue mocking is catching
                  
                 a wee insightWink
 
     The Aryans in Korea being talked about were suppossed Alani. From Korea the Alani suppossed invaded Japan in latter Fourth Century. The Alani in both instance were suppossed racially absorbed by the native populations.
 
       (the Alani were not Germanic Hitler Aryan peeps though they were termed Aryan)
      
                Possible english peep link they are talking about!
 
   The Alani/Sarmations under Goar (407AD) settled in Brittany and intermarried Celtic Britains (most probably the Lazyg/Sarmations bloodlines from earlier Roman occupation of the UK)
          1066 Breton Alan/Knights invade Britain under the banner of William the Conquerer.
           Alan/Breton descendants live throughout the UK & Ireland today.
 
    (The whole Alani /Korean/ Japan thing may or may not be bull but gives a little credence to this topic of discussion due to the fact these Alani may be directly/indirectly related to either the lazyg or alan factions that ended up in the British Isles & Ireland)
 
         
 
 
 
 
                    


Edited by Scorpian - 20-May-2006 at 03:17
Scorpian
Back to Top
Hando View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar
suspended

Joined: 03-May-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 23:36
Originally posted by Scorpian

 
     The Aryans in Korea being talked about were suppossed Alani. From Korea the Alani suppossed invaded Japan in latter Fourth Century. The Alani in both instance were suppossed racially absorbed by the native populations.


Wow, where can I read more about the supposed Alani in Korea? I would be interested...
Back to Top
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Avatar

Joined: 23-Apr-2006
Location: Scotland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 323
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 04:42
Originally posted by Hando

Originally posted by Scorpian

 
     The Aryans in Korea being talked about were suppossed Alani. From Korea the Alani suppossed invaded Japan in latter Fourth Century. The Alani in both instance were suppossed racially absorbed by the native populations.


Wow, where can I read more about the supposed Alani in Korea? I would be interested...
 
 
        i got that information off the internet when i was researching the Alani but that was a while back and i can't remember where i read it. Embarrassed
                  i thought it was bullsh*t so i had dismissed it alongside such claims as the Alani were survivors from Atlantis LOL (and i said mocking was catching. lmao) 
        i thought to mention about the suppossed Alani in Korea when you peeps starting talking about it. (had me pondering over what i'd read)
          Apparently it was suppossed two Japanese scholars who made claim about the Alani in Korea and Japan in latter Fourth century. This would tie in with other Alani movements of that time.
          Anyways it may be true or the claim may be bull but it does give pause for thought before we dismiss others forum postings.
            I'm constantly researching the Alani and i'll keep peeps informed should i happen across any other Alani/Korea/Japan info that can prove these claims beyond reasonable doubt.
                    till then i'll keep an open mindThumbs Up
                         
     


Edited by Scorpian - 22-May-2006 at 06:12
Scorpian
Back to Top
Hando View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar
suspended

Joined: 03-May-2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 16:55
Originally posted by Scorpian

Originally posted by Hando

Originally posted by Scorpian

 
     The Aryans in Korea being talked about were suppossed Alani. From Korea the Alani suppossed invaded Japan in latter Fourth Century. The Alani in both instance were suppossed racially absorbed by the native populations.


Wow, where can I read more about the supposed Alani in Korea? I would be interested...
 
 
        i got that information off the internet when i was researching the Alani but that was a while back and i can't remember where i read it. Embarrassed
                  i thought it was bullsh*t so i had dismissed it alongside such claims as the Alani were survivors from Atlantis LOL (and i said mocking was catching. lmao) 
        i thought to mention about the suppossed Alani in Korea when you peeps starting talking about it. (had me pondering over what i'd read)
          Apparently it was suppossed two Japanese scholars who made claim about the Alani in Korea and Japan in latter Fourth century. This would tie in with other Alani movements of that time.
          Anyways it may be true or the claim may be bull but it does give pause for thought before we dismiss others forum postings.
            I'm constantly researching the Alani and i'll keep peeps informed should i happen across any other Alani/Korea/Japan info that can prove these claims beyond reasonable doubt.
                    till then i'll keep an open mindThumbs Up
                         
     


Yeah, I were chuffed to read that...
Cos, I also read a book that suggested that the whole Arthurian legend had Alani basis. Supposeldy, Alani have simliar legends of sowrds in stones andthe Alani were brought to Hadrians wall by Hadrian. So they say this is how it spread to what we now know as King Arthur.
A mix of celtic, christian rooted in original Alani source legends.
Back to Top
flyingzone View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai
Avatar

Joined: 11-Dec-2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2635
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 21:12

While those stories about the Alani may be interesting to read (doubtful sources, though, since a lot of them seem to be found in some questionable "White Nationalists" literature), I personally think that any Korean or Japanese person trying so hard to somehow link their ethnic history to an "Aryan" (i.e. Caucasian) group quite pathetic. There is as much "Caucasian-ness" in the current Korean/Japanese population as "Negroid-ness" (because, after all, all human races are supposed to originate from Africa).

Just be proud of who you are. I remember long time ago I (innocently)started a thread entitled "Koreans: the Italians of Asia". It was meant to be a "compliment" to the success of contemporary Korean pop culture and its conquest of the East Asian pop cultural scene. However, a very perceptive and wise Korean forumer correctly pointed out to me that why should Koreans be called "Italians of Asia" and why aren't Italians called "Koreans of Europe." It totally woke me up. This "Eurocentric" mindset is so prevalent in so many of us that sometimes if affects the way we see the world.


Edited by flyingzone - 23-May-2006 at 21:23
Back to Top
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Avatar

Joined: 23-Apr-2006
Location: Scotland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 323
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 04:17
  [/QUOTE]
Yeah, I were chuffed to read that...
Cos, I also read a book that suggested that the whole Arthurian legend had Alani basis. Supposeldy, Alani have simliar legends of sowrds in stones andthe Alani were brought to Hadrians wall by Hadrian. So they say this is how it spread to what we now know as King Arthur.
A mix of celtic, christian rooted in original Alani source legends.
[/QUOTE]
 
     
 
 
        i've read about the Alani and Arthurian legends tooWink.   (sounds plausible when you read into all the myths/legends the Alani brought with them and also the lands they settled here)
 
 


Edited by Scorpian - 24-May-2006 at 06:15
Scorpian
Back to Top
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Avatar

Joined: 23-Apr-2006
Location: Scotland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 323
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 05:31
          
     When i'm researching the Alani i tend to follow threads of information that are known as fact and i tend to dismiss everything else till its been proven beyond any reasonable doubt. Ten years ago i'd an inkling my ancestors were the Alani and now i've pieced together loads of info on them and their movements.  (proven historical facts and not fantasy)
      
    Flyingzone is correct in what he says in that there is much dubious sources of information. In the past i've read loads of stuff that looked believable but i found was bullsh*t after i followed up on the thread/story/event. 
      Till Historians can ratify fact from fiction beyond reasonable doubt then every suchlike claim made to me is termed suppossed!
 
     i've taken the bull by the horns and i've sent off an e'mail to Professor C. Scott Littleton who made contibution to the study and made claim to the Alani/Aryan/Korean/Japan connection. Hopefully i've got the right guy and he'll reply with a little more info than the suppossed hypothetical and questionable info we have at present.
             anyways i hope i've got the right man or i'm gonna get awfully embarrassed when he tells me it ain't himEmbarrassed
                 
                           i'll let you know how i get onWink
 
        
           
               
 
               
 


Edited by Scorpian - 26-May-2006 at 08:28
Scorpian
Back to Top
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Avatar

Joined: 23-Apr-2006
Location: Scotland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 323
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2006 at 09:12
Originally posted by Hando

Wow, where can I read more about the supposed Alani in Korea? I would be interested...
 
 
    
    books by Professor C Scott Littleton may shed light on what your looking for.  He has written also about the Arthurian Sarmation legends. 


Edited by Scorpian - 24-May-2006 at 09:52
Scorpian
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.