History Community ~ All Empires Homepage


This is the Archive on WORLD Historia, the old original forum.

 You cannot post here - you can only read.

 

Here is the link to the new forum:

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAre Kurds Iranian?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
someone View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 17-Apr-2006
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Kurds Iranian?
    Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 08:46
Who are the Kurds? are they Iranian? are they proud of Iran past? A friend of mine told me that Kurds make conversion in zoroastrism is it true?
Back to Top
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Avatar
retired AE Moderator

Joined: 11-Aug-2004
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 8795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 08:59

I am a Kurd and I am Iranian. 

There are also Kurds who think they are a separate race with a unique and unmixed history, their views are drawn from inventions not older than 60 years.

If you want to look at it anthropologically, then yes, Kurds are a branch of the Iranian tree.

And if you want more details, I advise that you go to the search facility and look for "Kurd" in the subject header.  You will come across many different views and facts and you can draw your own conclusion.

Back to Top
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 20-Jun-2005
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Points: 1011
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 12:25

"Who are the Kurds?"

An ethnic group in Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Syria.

"are they Iranian? "

Yes.

"are they proud of Iran past?"

I think many Kurds actually don't care. I and others do not relate much to Iranian dynasties except Media. The overwhelming majority see themselves as Kurds, not Iranians. So the answer is no.

"A friend of mine told me that Kurds make conversion in zoroastrism is it true?"

Conversion to Zoroastrism? No, not that i know of. That's highly unlikely. Kurds are muslims and some are Yezedis and Yarzanis (sp?).

They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Back to Top
Mira View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian
Avatar

Joined: 03-Aug-2005
Location: United Arab Emirates
Status: Offline
Points: 697
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 12:32
Yarsan (Ahl al-Haqq.)
Back to Top
someone View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 17-Apr-2006
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 12:47
Originally posted by Cent Cent wrote:

"Who are the Kurds?"

An ethnic group in Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Syria.

"

So kurdistan show how Persia was huge. And with the invasion of Otomans and arabians thos Iranians from the north-west are now alone and they have to live among them.

Back to Top
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 20-Jun-2005
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Points: 1011
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 12:52
I don't understand. Can you explain better?
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Back to Top
someone View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 17-Apr-2006
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 13:23

 I explained that Iran has been invaded by arabs and turks, therefore those iranians who lived in the north-west(closed to turks and arabians) lost their land because of these invasions, and now they have to live among them under their autority because persia became smalest.

is it correct for you?

Back to Top
Cent View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 20-Jun-2005
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Points: 1011
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 13:33
Yes. Seems right.
They don't speak enough about the Kurds, because we have never taken hostages, never hijacked a plane. But I am proud of this.
Abdul Rahman Qassemlou
Back to Top
ramin View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard


Joined: 16-Feb-2005
Status: Offline
Points: 921
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 16:02
I think Kurds have Zoroastrian descentants as well. There is a city around Sanandaj who are Zoroastrians. I'm going to check, but I hope somebody else beat me to it!
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Back to Top
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar
Durr e Durran

Joined: 12-Jun-2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1076
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 18:47

Originally posted by someone someone wrote:

Who are the Kurds? are they Iranian? are they proud of Iran past? A friend of mine told me that Kurds make conversion in zoroastrism is it true?

They speak what is considered an Iranian language (although not Persian), they celebrate cultural festivals that other Iranians (iranic?) also celebrate.  Their nationality is split between many countries but each area retains the same cultural heritage.  They are Iranians through and through.

Iranians- Yes.  Persians - No.

 



Edited by Afghanan
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Back to Top
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 24-Dec-2005
Location: Tajikista
Status: Offline
Points: 1832
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 20:37

yes, they are an iranian people.

in regards to the history part:

well, it depends on the person. i myself have pride in all the iranian peoples, such as afghans, tajiks, persians, kurds, etc... and their histories because in the end, we are all one HUGE family sort of.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Back to Top
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Avatar
Chieftain

Joined: 10-Feb-2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1673
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 21:25
Yes, they are Iranian. 
Back to Top
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
Avatar
retired AE Moderator

Joined: 10-Aug-2005
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 782
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 23:02

 

The Kurds in Turkey are Turkish, The Kurds in Iran are Iranian, the Kurds in Iraq are Iraqis, but Kurds are Iranic. Am I wrong? I'm just trying to clarify the notions here.

 

Either make a history or become a history.
Back to Top
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 24-Dec-2005
Location: Tajikista
Status: Offline
Points: 1832
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 23:41
Originally posted by barbar barbar wrote:

 

The Kurds in Turkey are Turkish, The Kurds in Iran are Iranian, the Kurds in Iraq are Iraqis, but Kurds are Iranic. Am I wrong? I'm just trying to clarify the notions here.

 

yea, you are right, that has already been pointed out. no one is saying other wise.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Back to Top
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Avatar
Chieftain

Joined: 10-Feb-2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1673
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 02:05
they are not turkish.
Back to Top
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Avatar
Chieftain

Joined: 10-Feb-2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1673
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 02:06
all kurds are Iranian, not turkish nor iraqi.
Back to Top
Alborz View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 02-Nov-2005
Status: Offline
Points: 256
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 02:21

Kurds are ethnically, culturally, and linguistically Iranian.

Politically however, only Kurds in Iran are of Iranian nationality. the others are of Turkish, Iraqi, and Syrian, Azerbaijani,... Politics is different though, some kurds consider themselves neither, but just Kurdish. specially by those with political motives.

Originally posted by Cent Cent wrote:

"are they proud of Iran past?"

I think many Kurds actually don't care. I and others do not relate much to Iranian dynasties except Media. The overwhelming majority see themselves as Kurds, not Iranians. So the answer is no.

well it really depends who you talk to. like Iranian kurds are majority proud. but Turkish and Iraqi kurds who have not been exposed to Iranian history that much, dont.

"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Back to Top
Maju View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Avatar

Joined: 14-Jul-2005
Status: Offline
Points: 6571
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 02:51
Originally posted by someone someone wrote:

 I explained that Iran has been invaded by arabs and turks, therefore those iranians who lived in the north-west(closed to turks and arabians) lost their land because of these invasions, and now they have to live among them under their autority because persia became smalest.

is it correct for you?



It's just partly correct. Persia wa very large under the Achaemenids but the areas where Arabic and Turkic are spoken now were often of non-Iranic stock. Iraquis for instance spoke other Semitic languages, specially Amorite, Akkadian before it. The peoples of Anatolia, on the other hand, though speaking IE languages since the time of the Hittites, had no direct relation with Iranians or Iranics for the most part.

So it's rather like Arabs and Turks growing into the soil of other peoples rather than Iranians properly.

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Back to Top
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Avatar

Joined: 24-Dec-2005
Location: Tajikista
Status: Offline
Points: 1832
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 10:56

Originally posted by Maju Maju wrote:



It's just partly correct. Persia wa very large under the Achaemenids but the areas where Arabic and Turkic are spoken now were often of non-Iranic stock. Iraquis for instance spoke other Semitic languages, specially Amorite, Akkadian before it. The peoples of Anatolia, on the other hand, though speaking IE languages since the time of the Hittites, had no direct relation with Iranians or Iranics for the most part.

So it's rather like Arabs and Turks growing into the soil of other peoples rather than Iranians properly.

i disagree, there were no arabs living in the middle east north of saudi arabia in large numbers at the time. iraq, syrian, jordan, israel, egypt, etc... were not arabic. the same with central asia, central asia was iranic at the time, not turkic.

you are correct however, when saying that there were other non iranic civilisations living in the middle east at the time of medea and persia's expansions, but they were not arabs. and central asia was mostly iranic.

turks migrated to central asia and the middle east later in history, mostly after islam.

and arabs came into the middle east mostly through their islamic expansion and arabisation. even today, most iraqi's are of iranian descent and syrians, jordanians, egyptians, etc... are arabised, arabic linguistically, but not arabic ethnically.

so when iran was given its name thousands of years ago, Land of Aryans, it was a correct statement, because persia at the time was literally a land of aryans, inhabited mostly by iranics.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Back to Top
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Avatar

Joined: 21-Jul-2005
Location: Turkey
Status: Offline
Points: 3705
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2006 at 12:41

well, azeris were turkfied, iraqians were arabised, and at past iranians people care much for their aryan root.

Thanks for free class.

 

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.